Painful Steps

My legs shake uncomfortably, hot puffs of air lurk out of my mouth. I tightly grip onto the rope, feeling as if I was about to slip. I gradually start moving sideways, stepping on to tope underneath my feet. The two ropes are like parallel lines, they’ll never meet.

My grip starts to loosen. I panic, I turn my head slightly down, eyes glued onto the dirty, polluted river.

I try to move quicker, I try to get out of this situation as fast as possible, yet my head was still down my grip was still loose, my legs felt as if they were about to collapse at any moment.

My heart pounded faster than the wind itself. I harshly made it halfway, and the scenery of bright, vivid trees started to cover the dark river.

Even though I do this every day, I’ll never get used to this horrible scenario.

2 thoughts on “Painful Steps

1. I think it was great! such a descriptive and realistic way of describing the suroundings and the characters point of view. well done! 🙂

2. What a great piece, this is amazing! I loved how you used so much description with the rope and your emotive language was out of this world. One piece of feed back would probably be to find texture words, if your wondering what texture words are, there words that describe a certain feeling or have a sound that helps give the sentence an emotion like, crunch, kick so next time that will make your writing even better. Apart from that keep writing, you have talent!