Passion Project

The history of photography goes years back to the 1870’s where the first camera was publicly made and released. It started with the Dollmeyer Box Stereo Camera, which is a camera with two or more lenses with a seperate image sensor or film frame for each lens. Then, later in the 1920, the autographic system for roll film was launched by Kodak. At the time of exposure, Kodak allowed photographer’s to add written imformation on the film.

Later, Kodak released the Instamatic 100 Box camera, which was made in the beginning of 1963. The Instamatic was extremely sucessful, introducing a generation to inexpensive photography and spawning numerous imitators.

1977, the Polaroid Instant Camera was invented. The Instant camera is a type of camera which uses self-developing film to create a chemically developed print shortly after taking the photo.

Four years later, Sony released the world’s first electronic still camera, the Sony Mavica Digital Camera. The Mavica, (Magnetic Video Camera), was a brand of Sony cameras which used removable disks as the main recording medium. It was not a digital camera, as it’s CCD sensor produced an analog video signal in the NTSC format at a resolution of 570 x 490 pixels.

Then came the Samsung WB1SOF, which is a 14.7 mega pixel compact camera with the companys own BSI CMOS sensor, a 18x, 24-423mm antically-stabilized lens, 720p HD video recording and a 3 inch LCD screen. The WB1SOF travel-zoom also offers wi-fi capability that allows users to email photos from any hotspot or share them on social networks. This was invented back in 2012. Now, in 2016, the most used camera  currently around the world, (excluding the iPhone), is the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, which has a new 30.4 megapixel full frame CMOS sensor that delivers images that are packed with detail. From the brightest highlights and the darkest shadows.

5 thoughts on “Passion Project

1. Congratulations Jalina, what a wonderful explanation of the history of photography. i really like how you explained different types of cameras and I also liked the language you used to describe the camera. well done!
    I cant wait to see more about this topic!

2. Dear Jalina,

What a very interesting thing to research about! I could see that you’ve put a lot of your effort into researching about your topic. What an amazing job you’ve done! I didn’t know the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV was the most used camera now and that the polaroid instant cameras were invented on 1977.

I’ve also got a question, if you were to choose a camera to have what would it be?

From Angela

• Hello Angela!
      Thank you for all your kind words! I really appreciate your feedback. If I were to choose a camera to have, it would probably be the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. What about you?

3. Hey Jalina!
    It is Tara here, I really enjoyed reading about your topic, and photography is such a wonderful choice! I love how detailed but simple you explanations were. I just have a small question, have you ever played around with photography? If so, please notify me on what sort of things you take photos of, and why you enjoy it. Great job Jalina!
    From Tara.

4. Hi Jalina,
    I found this information wonderful and very fulfilled.
    The History Of Photography is a great choice for a passion project!
    Well done! 🙂